AN EVIL killer stabbed his girlfriend to dying earlier than decapitating her and storing her head in a fridge, a court docket heard.
Elhadji Adama Kebe, 33, murdered Sibongile Zenzile, 29, after a livid row through which he accused her of dishonest.
He pleaded responsible in February this yr to killing Sibongile and mutilating her corpse at their flat in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The killer, who initially hails from Senegal, was arrested by cops a day after the horrific crime in April 2019.
Prosecutors have been pushing for Kebe to obtain a life sentence following the homicide.
The sufferer’s stepfather Zamelani Ncancashe additionally informed the court docket that his spouse had been severely impacted by her daughter’s dying – and spent two weeks in hospital attributable to coronary heart issues.
WHERE CAN I GET HELP?
You do not have to undergo in silence.
In case you are experiencing home violence or somebody you already know is there are teams that may assist.
Refuge runs a free, 24-hour helpline on 0808 2000 247.
You too can go to the web site or contact Girls’s Help.
Man’s physique found 9 YEARS after he died in flat regardless of having kids
BEER WE GO
Pubs from MIDNIGHT, late-night procuring & indoor loopholes – get set for Monday
Covid circumstances rise in simply ONE space as stress builds to ease lockdown sooner
Frantic seek for lacking twins, 13, who disappeared 5 days in the past
Hotelier price £300m knifed & spouse essential as man arrested 100 miles away
Younger couple discovered useless bare in lodge bathe as proprietor accused of homicide
Defending, Kebe’s lawyer informed the court docket he had no prior prison document, had not tried to flee and had already spent practically two years in custody.
He’s anticipated to be sentenced subsequent month.
HOW YOU CAN GET HELP:
Girls’s Help has this recommendation for victims and their households:
- All the time preserve your telephone close by.
- Get in contact with charities for assist, together with the Girls’s Help stay chat helpline and providers resembling SupportLine.
- In case you are at risk, name 999.
- Familiarise your self with the Silent Answer, reporting abuse with out talking down the telephone, as a substitute dialing “55”.
- All the time preserve some cash on you, together with change for a pay telephone or bus fare.
- If you happen to suspect your associate is about to assault you, attempt to go to a lower-risk space of the home – for instance, the place there’s a manner out and entry to a phone.
- Keep away from the kitchen and storage, the place there are prone to be knives or different weapons. Keep away from rooms the place you may develop into trapped, resembling the lavatory, or the place you is perhaps shut into a cabinet or different small area.
In case you are a sufferer of home abuse, SupportLine is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8pm on 01708 765200. The charity’s electronic mail help service is open weekdays and weekends through the disaster – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls’s Help gives a stay chat service obtainable. from 10am to midday.
You too can name the freephone 24-hour Nationwide Home Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.