That is large: The Home of Representatives has eliminated extremist Consultant Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committee assignments!
MoveOn members have been signing petitions, calling their members of Congress, rallying, and extra to demand Rep. Greene be held accountable for her vile views of faculty shootings being faux and selling violence in opposition to her colleagues.
However virtually each single Republican voted in opposition to this transfer, proving as soon as once more that they’re enablers of Rep. Greene, Donald Trump, and the Treason Caucus who participated within the assault on our democracy.
The Republican Treason Caucus doesn’t get to rewrite historical past. Simply hours after the Capitol had been breached, vandalized, and ransacked by 1000’s of white supremacist rioters, 147 Republicans nonetheless voted in opposition to certifying the election.
However we’re not letting them get away with it. Right here’s how MoveOn members have been combating again in opposition to these Republicans:
- MoveOn members chipped in to fund digital adverts concentrating on Josh Hawley (R-MO), Ted Cruz (R-TX), and Ron Johnson (R-WI) and taking up the web sites of main newspapers of their states—The Kansas Metropolis Star, Houston Chronicle, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, respectively—together with quotes from two of the papers’ editorial boards calling for the senators’ resignations.
- Greater than 700,000 MoveOn members signed petitions calling for accountability for Republicans together with Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Roger Marshall—together with calls to expel them, examine them, demand they resign, and strip them of committee assignments.
- MoveOn members joined Voto Latino to concurrently ship the petition calling for Ted Cruz to resign to his places of work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, and Washington, D.C. Take a look at the livestream of the occasions right here and the full-page advert we took out collectively within the Dallas Morning News to amplify the necessity for Sen. Cruz to resign.
- Greater than 400,000 MoveOn members signed a petition began by RuralOrganizing.org demanding that Republican management act to take away Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from the Home Schooling and Labor Committee. Yesterday, MoveOn drove a cellular billboard round Home Minority Chief Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s district, calling him and the whole GOP out as a result of their refusal to carry her accountable is assist for her extremist and disqualifying views, and the occasion was lined on the native ABC, CBS, and NBC associates. Our Revolution Kern County partnered to carry a rally on the billboard and delivered the petitions to Rep. McCarthy.
- And eventually, 1000’s of MoveOn members have known as members of the GOP Treason Caucus, demanding that they resign for overtly encouraging rebel. 1000’s extra known as Democratic members of Congress as effectively, asking that they transfer to expel anybody who voted in opposition to certifying the election.
Collectively, with thousands and thousands of MoveOn members taking motion throughout the nation, we’ll maintain these undemocratic Republicans accountable for his or her try to undermine and injury our democracy.
Because the Senate gears up for an impeachment trial to carry the seditionist-in-chief accountable for inciting the riot, we received’t overlook the 147 who actively supported him. The eight senators who voted to overturn the election outcomes ought to be on trial subsequent to him.
The Treason Caucus nonetheless has energy—so we are able to’t let up but. Senate Democrats should get rid of the filibuster to make sure a single Republican can’t maintain up important laws like COVID reduction or democracy reform. Home Democrats should go additional and expel Marjorie Taylor Greene from workplace due to her excessive views and assist of the lethal rebel and violence in opposition to elected leaders.
This work has ALL been fueled by the generosity of MoveOn members. Pitch in immediately so we are able to hold this work and extra shifting ahead.
Thanks for all you do.